Apply for The International Youth Summer School 2020.
The International Youth Summer School in Iceland will help to prepare youth for the future possible changes. We will learn and analyze the most influential trends of the development in different areas of the worldwide society.
Become the part of us
This Summer School is organized in partnership with the University of Iceland and City of Reykjavik. It will gather together nearly 90 young participants, experts and trainers from all over the world.
What is the Summer School about?
The theme this year is: Future Skills for Workplace Sustainability: Preparing for Transition.
Technology and Innovation has already brought great change to the job marketplace leading to a disruption of the skills that are needed. Not only is this happening now, but it is happening rapidly. And it is continuing to evolve on a near daily basis with the introduction of:
- robotic automation,
- technical innovations
- and digitalization set to cost millions of jobs worldwide.
The aim of discussing ideas and solutions to some of the most prevalent youth issues. Also what the future map of skills, education and training for sustainable future global development will be.
The application call will close on May 30th 2020.
Who is eligible?
- Young people 18-35 from around the world;
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking);
- Master’s/PhD students, social entrepreneurs, young professionals, persons working at/with startup incubators and/or accelerators;
- Workers with youth, young professionals who work in education sphere;
- Show proven evidence of interests in Future Skills, workplace sustainability and participation of the international youth community, and/or involvements in related fields;
- Preferred backgrounds to include social and business enterprises, startups, non-profits, social activists, artists, educators, young researchers, scholars and students.
What can you expect from the event?
- Participate in educational and interactive talks and become inspired through workshops conducted by esteemed honorable guests.
- Gain valuable new skills, knowledge and experiences that will serve as a solid foundation for your future entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Have a fruitful working and immersing experience in the beautiful city of Reykjavik and Icelandic culture.
- Have a unique opportunity to meet with like-minded people from across the globe.
- Network with renowned professionals in the fields of business, entrepreneurship, finance, science and technology.
- Take part in a fantastic cultural exchange program which includes trips to see some of Reykjavik’s most iconic attractions and Icelandic outstanding nature.
- The program, food, and twin room shared accommodation in a student hostel are partially covered by Youth Time International Movement. Please take into consideration that travel costs are at your own expense.
Join each other in celebration at our welcome reception and farewell party.
How to apply?
- Fill out the Participant Application form entirely.
- Submit your up-to-date CV
- Make a one-minute video answering the following questions:
- What is your motivation for applying for the Future Skills International Youth Summer School?
- How do you see the possible involvement of the young people of the development Future Skills for Workplace Sustainability?
- How do you plan to use the knowledge and skills gained during the Summer School?
Our International Youth Summer School takes place in the end of June and should be maintained in spite of the ongoing outbreak of COVID-19. Given the current situation, we want to provide as much clarity as possible. If the situation is not stabilized in June yet, we would most probably postpone the event.
You would be entirely refunded on all the advanced administration fees:
- 200€ with accommodation
- 150€ without accommodation.
- Also you will have the opportunity to participate in the event for the new scheduled date.
We remind you that the deadline to apply is still the 30th of May.
Don’t miss the opportunity to spend an exciting week in the capital city of Iceland!