As an integral part of the Our Ocean Conference, the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the University of Tromsø will co-host the fourth Youth Leadership Summit. The summit is an opportunity to inspire, inform, and empower youth participants to build holistic solutions that better balance the needs of society, industry and the ocean environment. The event will take place in Oslo on October 23-24.
Problem solvers and sustainability champions (below 35 years old) are invited to apply for the Our Ocean Youth Leadership Summit, which will take place in Norway in October.
The Our Ocean conferences were initiated by Secretary of State John Kerry in 2014, with the aim to put oceans on the foreign policy agenda, and create a platform where leaders from government, business and civil society meet on an equal footing to promote action and innovation for clean, healthy and productive oceans.
The Oslo conference will highlight the importance of knowledge as the basis of our actions and policies to ensure sustainable future economic growth.
It will emphasize integrated management of sea and coastal areas as the key to protection and sustainable use of the oceans.
- Participate in a solution-driven bootcamp to apply knowledge and technology that can help us protect our oceans;
- Raise your profile and network with 500+ policymakers, corporate leaders, heads of international organizations, foundations, and NGOs;
- Receive mentorship and develop your professional skill sets by learning from business, government, and science experts;
- Meet with entrepreneurs who are building scalable ocean startups to help protect and sustain our ocean;
- Become an #SOAOceanLeader and join our global community represented in over 130 countries.
- Problem-solver, sustainability champion, students, young professional below 35 years old who have an interest in sustainability and contributing in solving our planet’s greatest challenges: ocean acidification, marine pollution, habitat destruction and overfishing to name a few;
- It is not mandatory to already be an ocean advocate and educated on ocean challenges. Organizers will provide a series of online bootcamps (webinars) in the lead up to the summit to build foundation for the bootcamp.
The 100 selected participants from over 50 countries will receive one complimentary guest pass.
Sustainable Ocean Alliance (SOA) is providing accommodation and meals. Scholarships to cover travel expenses may become available.
If the selected candidate requires a visa to travel to Norway, a visa letter will be provided. However, visa costs will not be covered.
Read more here.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quick as we can.