WWF Romania’s Bison Rewilding Team is putting together a taskforce of young professionals to support the on-going pioneer conservation work in the Southern Carpathians, Armeniș commune – an area known as “The Bison Hillock”. You are invited to join the Bison Hillock team and bison rewilding work in the Southern Carpathians and contribute to scaling innovation in nature conservation at grassroots level, in a unique wilderness area – the largest in Europe.
• Contribute with field monitoring data and knowledge to better improve the welfare of current and future wildlife monitoring, management and HWC conflict mitigation
• Habitat mapping of potential human wildlife conflict areas. Habitat use analysis based on camera trap, GPS collar and transect data. (Mapping of active/non active areas)
• Work closely with the bison rewilding team, especially rangers, CTO, field research interns and the conservation manager to share insight and co-design measures to help reduce HWC, damage prevention, improve species management
• Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity in engaging multi disciplinary partners and help co-design innovative products and approaches to reduce HWC and extend habitat favorability by supplying relevant insights and feed field data. Take part in multi disciplinary hackathons for wildlife monitoring, wildlife management, hwc mitigation.
- Experience with data management;
- Education and/or experience in ecology, biology, ethology, geography or similar;
- Experience with or understanding with GIS;
- Age category: from 19 to 27;
- Good written and spoken English (Romanian is not a requirement).
In order to appy, please complete the online Application Form.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quick as we can.