The internship will be held in Fiji, Suva from 1 March to 31 August. The main purpose of it is to assist the Representative to enhance effectiveness of the organization by providing research, editorial and fundraising support.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Research & Editorial Support:
- Undertake research as and when directed in support of programme development, such as development of internal concept papers for discussions on conservation and organizational development matters as well as proposal development review of facts and content information.
Senior Management Team (SMT):
- Provide follow-up action from monthly meetings with SMT and direct reports and stringently monitor progress with updates to the Representative.
- Maintain a good relationship with all SMT to ensure strengthened unity and understanding among them for progressive results.
Pacific Strategic Plan:
- Provide specific support as directed with the further development and review of the PPO Strategic Plan.
- Provide support actions as directed.
- Conserve Representative’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting documents.
- Prepare reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Ensure operation of IT equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting any malfunctions and liaising with IT Administrator for repairs.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending relevant workshops; review professional publications and establish personal networks.
- Contribute to Representative’s effectiveness by accomplishing related results as and when required.
- Young people from 19 to 27 y.o. from all over the world;
- Fluent in English;
- At least 2-5 years’ experience in editorial and administration work;
- Proven 2 years’ experience in successful research undertaken;
- Demonstrated experience in concept and proposal writing.
- A good understanding of basic IT trouble-shooting and social media platforms;
- Proficiency with IT applications such as google applications (gmail (email), google drive – docs, scheduling/calendars), teleconferencing – Skype and web-bex.
In order to apply, please complete the online application form.