WWF Opportunity: Under the supervision of the Communications Manager-WWF Regional Office for Africa (ROA), the Communications Intern will assist Africa communications staff to develop and strengthen working relations with media within the region and develop compelling stories:
- press releases,
- feature stories that maximize readership,
- targeting the most strategic media.
Internal: Interacts and works closely work closely with other countries’ communications officers, thematic regional Coordinators, Country Directors and other conservation staff in Central Africa, under the supervision of WWF’s Africa Office management.
Liaises with colleagues across the WWF Network working in communications.
External: Interacts as required with journalists, media and some partners.
- University level education in Communications or Journalism with experience in a similar position in an international organization/company;
- Proven experience and track records in writing for development/conservation; web maintenance and writing; efficient use of social media in southern contexts;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in French and English;
- Computer literacy and knowledge of social media usage.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff.
Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
Read about the WWF opportunity more here.