Contest prizes for Water Heroes Contest will be determined by CMI in collaboration with the Water Hub over the coming months.
The selected contest winners of the Water Heroes Contest will be offered a speaking role in the different World Water Day 2019 workshop sessions in Marrakech, Morocco as well as:
- Connecting with international water and migration experts and young water professionals;
- Showcasing of your work on the Center for Mediterranean Integration and partners’ websites;
- Featuring your work in a CMI video on water and migration the Mediterranean;
- Mentoring: Peer-to-peer mentoring with other Mediterranean water activists and experts.
CMI encourages applications from a wide range of backgrounds, including young water activists, entrepreneurs and researchers. Applicants are invited to submit their innovative work around the following themes:
- Water Governance and Forced Displacement
- Climate Change and Forced/Voluntary Migration
- The Water-Employment-Migration (WEM) Nexus
- Water and Green Entrepreneurship for Mediterranean Migrant Youth
In order to apply, candidates should fill in an online form in either English or Arabic.
Candidates should be aged 18 to 35 and working and/or studying the water sector in the Mediterranean.
Regardless of their place of residence, applicants must be nationals from one of the following Mediterranean countries: Albania, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Montenegro, Palestinian Territories, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Tunisia and Turkey.
Applicants may be working for public institutions, research institutes, start-ups, NGOs, or as freelancers.
The official languages of the contest are English and Arabic.
Read more here.