WFP operations in Nigeria are focused on crisis response to prevent deterioration of food and nutrition security, reduce malnutrition and minimize gender inequalities. WFP activities are concentrated in rural areas of north-eastern Nigeria that are more vulnerable and food insecure.
The position will be based in Programme Unit, in WFP Nigeria Office. The internship will be typically for the period of at least 3 months during May/June to August/ September 2020.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Programme, the PD Summer Intern will perform the following duties:
- Analyse and synthesize data for Programme activity reporting
- Assist in standardizing the Programme unit’s internal periodic reporting package
- Assist in designing standard background narrative for each planned activity under the Nigeria Country Strategy Plan that informs donor proposals and/or activity reporting
- Support the reporting and improvement of Programme information storage and dissemination
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a master’s degree programme or be a recent graduate;
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills;
- Proficiency in graphic design;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are required.
The intern will be paid a monthly stipend of approximately USD 360 per month as a contribution towards basic subsistence costs.WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.