The WBG YPP is a two-year leadership development program at the start of a five-year employment contract. All YPs start the program in Washington, DC, where they engage in intensive training. The deadline is on 30 June 2020.
The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. Its five institutions share a commitment to reducing poverty, increasing shared prosperity, and promoting sustainable development.
WBG Young Professional Program recruits qualified individuals from diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds. YPs are full-time employees, making significant contributions to their respective unit’s work program. Activities range from leadership and professional development workshops to networking, mentorship and conversations with WBG leadership. YPs engage in intensive training on the policies, products and operations of the World Bank, IFC and MIGA.
YPs participate in at least one rotation within their home institution, with some engaging in additional rotations to another institution, with the goal of developing and applying skills across the business. YPs are assigned several mentors who can provide advice on various topics ranging from settling into Washington, DC to identifying career opportunities throughout the YP experience, and beyond.The WBG YPP offers a competitive salary and benefits package as part of a 5-year term contract. Benefits include health, life and accident insurance, a pension plan and possible relocation and mobility benefits.
The deadline is on 30 June 2020.
- Candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1988
- A master’s or doctoral degree and Fluency in English are required
- Applicants should demonstrate 3+ years of relevant experience
- To be competitive, applicants should additionally display a commitment and passion for international development and possess outstanding academic credentials
- Full proficiency in one of the official WBG languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish) is an advantage
- As part of the application, please provide your resume, two short essays, and three professional or academic recommendations
Photo: Shutterstock / Edited by: Martina Advaney
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.