Join over 2,000 educators, decision-makers, and influential experts from the public and private sectors to UnLearn, ReLearn: What it means to be Human at the 2019 WISE Summit, November 19-21, in Doha, Qatar.
The Program aims to give young people a platform to voice their views and to create a youth community interested in shaping the future of education.
Candidates must be aged 16-21 who are interested in engaging in the field of education.
Candidates should be proficient in spoken and written English and should be comfortable presenting and speaking in public. The candidate should clearly demonstrate engagement in social issues and how s/he has sought to overcome them through innovative ideas, and initiatives.
The Learners’ Voice recruitment process includes three steps:
- Application Form
- Creative Submission
Candidates must also submit a short creative piece in the form of an essay, story, poem, film or any other creative medium in response to one of the eight prompts below:
- What does it mean to be “educated”?
- Teachers VS Technology –Is it the end of the teaching profession, as we know it? Design the school of tomorrow (this can include any aspect of the school, from the physical space to the curriculum, etc.)
- What would you change about your education experience? What does “global citizenship” mean to you?
- What values do you think are important to be reflected in your community (and how should they be taught in schools)?
- Is a university / college education necessary or even relevant today?
- Does your education prepare you for success in life?
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview between June and September and the cohort will be announced in November.
Photo: WISE Summit