The goal of the SIT STAR Contest is to promote interest in the field of Computer Science and Software Engineering, give students an opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge of programming, and be considered for a fully-funded graduate scholarship. The deadline is on 16 June 2020.
Apply for SIT STAR Contest
The SIT STAR Contest is conducted by the Schaffhausen Institute of Technology for individuals who want to shape the future of science, research, and technology. SIT is an international research-led institution located in Schaffhausen, Switzerland.
The SIT STAR Contest consists of the stages: optional practice stage (1-7 June 2020), the contest itself with four hours to complete (17 June 2020), and the interviews and winners announcement (June-July, 2020). The vontest will include 8-12 problems of various levels of difficulty in algorithmic programming.
Prizes include scholarships with 100% and 20% tuition coverage for one of the Master’s programs offered by SIT. The SIT STAR Scholarship covers the full cost of tuition at the Schaffhausen Institute of Technology in Switzerland starting in September 2020 for one of the following programs:
- MSc in Software Engineering and Digital Leadership (4 semesters)
- Double degree in collaboration with Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) in Pittsburgh, the USA, and the National University of Singapore (NUS) in Singapore
- Fast track: MSc in Software Engineering and Digital Leadership (3 semesters)
The deadline is on 16 June 2020.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other STEM field and speak English at a level sufficient to pursue graduate studies
- Residents of EU/EFTA, Eastern Europe (including Russia), Southeast Asia or South Asia are eligible
Photo: Shutterstock / Edited by: Martina Advaney
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.