The WE Empower UN SDG Challenge is the first of its kind, a global business competition to honor, support and celebrate women entrepreneurs who are advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to create the world we want by 2030.
Five awardees, one from each of five UN Regional Blocks, will be chosen to receive an all-expenses-paid trip to New York during the UN Global Goals week to participate in a series of tailored training and events.
The deadline is on 15 April 2020.
The special curated week-long agenda in New York will comprise of individualized training, high-level dialogues at the UN, and the pitch competition where each Regional Awardee presents her business to pitch for a $20,000 cash grant.
For each Regional Awardee, there may be an opportunity to be reimbursed for a portion of travel-related expenses associated with one of the following activities up to $1,000 per awardee.
To be eligible to enter this competition, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- A woman entrepreneur with lead decision-making ability in a business or organization
- Your business/organization has been in operation for more than three years
- You employ at least three full-time staff (or full-time equivalent)
- Your business/organization generates at least $100,000 USD in annual sales or revenue
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- At least 21 years old
- Available to travel to NYC between 18 September – 27 September 2020
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.