Become the Part of Watson Institute Incubator
The Watson Institute Incubator is a program for college students, recent graduates, and gap-year students with an early-stage social venture/project and a passion for social impact.
The Spring 2020 cohort runs from January 18, 2020 to May 6, 2020.
During the 4-month program, the cohort of 30 young social innovators convene in Boulder, Colorado to tackle the greatest challenges facing the world.
From climate change to income inequality and from political oppression to access to water, students enrolled in the Watson Incubator leverage training, mentorship, and community to unleash a lifetime of impact.
Courses and workshops focused on entrepreneurship, leadership, and hard skills that put theory to practice. Every student is paired with mentors in their field to challenge their assumptions, enhance their perspective, and expand their impact.
Some highlights of student life include:
- An experiential scholar trip where the cohort travels to learn more about themselves and their classmates
- Funders Week, an entire week with workshops and special speakers dedicated to fundraising
- The Watson Summit, a culminating demo day where students pitch their ventures and projects to the Colorado community
- Shared, fully furnished and equipped apartment-style rooms with kitchens
- Access to co-working spaces around town and a bus pass
- Gym membership
- Living within walking distance of lively downtown Boulder and within feet of dozens of hiking trails
You have two tracks to choose from:
Venture Founder Track
The Venture Founder track is for students who are founders or co-founders of a venture or project. The Venture Funder may collaborate with a Free Agent track student attending the same cohort.
Free Agent Track
The new Free Agent track is for students looking to join a venture or project and are prepared to contribute in significant ways to the team. Free Agents join a Venture Founder’s team at the beginning of the cohort.
Candidates should fill out an online application form and provide details on their education.
As part of the application candidates will need to submit a project/venture – it can be a well thought-out idea, a project, or a fully launched business/organization.
Read more here.