The Waislitz foundation exists to create a positive social impact locally and globally through innovative projects that empower individuals to meet their full potential and make a measurable difference to the world. The awards are presented by the Waislitz Foundation and Global Citizen, and in 2020 are supported by the leading US and Australian based cellular medicines company, Mesoblast Ltd and global fund management group Paradice Investment Management Pty Ltd.
2020 Waislitz Global Citizen Awards feature four awards totaling $250,000.
- $100,000: Waislitz Global Citizen Award (Grand Prize)
- $50,000: The Waislitz Global Citizen Disruptor Award
- $50,000: The Waislitz Global Citizens’ Choice Award
- $50,000: The Waislitz Global Citizen COVID-19 Response Award
Additional Global Citizens’ Choice Award will be selected with input from public online voting and COVID-19 Response Award will be given to an applicant who excels in the “Adaptability” criteria and has implemented a specific adaptation, pivot or new program that addresses the impacts of COVID-19.
The deadline is on 21 June 2020.
All applicants will be evaluated based on individual merit, including the following five key areas:
- Global citizenship. How does the applicant embody and exemplify the values and practices of a global citizen?
- Proof of concept. Does the applicant have a strong proof of concept with at least 1-2 years of impact towards ending extreme poverty?
- Has the applicant created measurable impact in an innovative manner that disrupts the systems that allow for extreme poverty to exist?
- How would this award enable/support the applicant to scale or improve their work?
- Can the applicant demonstrate examples of their ability to adapt and evolve to changing conditions?
Photo: Shutterstock / Edited by: Martina Advaney
Find out more about Waislitz Global Citizen Award.