The UN SDG Action Campaign is looking volunteers to support the preparations, communications and delivery of the SDG Global Festival of Action which willl be held from 2nd to 4th […]
The UN SDG Action Campaign is looking volunteers to support the preparations, communications and delivery of the SDG Global Festival of Action which willl be held from 2nd to 4th of May in Bonn, Germany.
There are three volunteer categories young people can apply for.
Volunteers Supporting Preparations for the Event (March – 4 May):
This is a longer term programme and will require 1-2 days per week in the lead up to the Festival to support the preparations. Volunteers entering into this programme will have the opportunity to really engage with Festival development, build relationships with key team members and partners and strengthen event management, planning and coordination skill sets. Any volunteers interested in committing more than 1-2 days a week are also encouraged to apply.
Volunteers Supporting the Operations of Running the Festival (1 – 4 May): Volunteers applying for the longer term programme will also be joining this group to help run the event onsite. Preparation volunteers will lead sub-groups of volunteers in this category offering onsite support. All volunteers supporting delivery of the event onsite will be privy to sit in and engage with a variety of Festival sessions and will have the opportunity to strengthen event management skills.
Volunteers Supporting Communications During the Festival (22 April – 4 May): The week before the Festival, from 22 – 26 April, communications volunteers will be invited to attend training sessions and work with the team at the Haus Carstanjen, the Headquarters of the UN SDG Action Campaign in Bonn. During the Festival, from 2 – 4 May, the volunteers will work onsite.
- Fluent English. Other languages – in particular German – are an advantage;
- Competent in written English and communicating in a professional manner;
- Applicants should be based in Bonn or have an appropriate visa or residency rights to be in Bonn for the duration of the Festival;
- Proof that the volunteer already has health insurance for the period of the event;
- Communication volunteers are also required to have relevant experience and passion for communications/social media/photography/video editing/new media.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.