The Vienna Biocenter Summer School invites 30 undergraduate students to work side by side with leading researchers in a dynamic scientific environment. The program is the perfect preparation for those students who are interested in graduate study in the life sciences arena. Applicants who are successful are provided with accommodation, a travel allowance and a stipend for the duration of the scholarship. The next call opens on 1 December 2020.
The Vienna Biocenter is a collaboration between five of Europe’s leading research institutes: Research Center for Molecular Medicine, Gregor Mendel Institute, Institute of Molecular Biotechnology, Institute of Molecular Pathology and the Max Perutz Labs and is generously sponsored by the Max Birnstiel Foundation.
Each student will be awarded a stipend of 1400 euros after tax for the nine-week programme. Medical insurance is included in the contract for the nine weeks. A free travel pass providing unlimited use of public transport within Vienna for the duration of the scholarship. Participants will benefit from reimbursement of travel costs to and from Vienna.
The next call opens on 1 December 2020.
- Applicants should have completed at least two years of university study by 30 June
- Previous research experience as well as good academic record are required
- High level of English language is necessary to conduct work throughout the program
- Evidence of enrolment in a University program for the current academic year and the next year is mandatory
- Applicants must upload enrolment certificate and transcript of studies and/or exam results for the last years of applicant’s course
- The summer school does not charge an application fee
Find out more about Vienna Biocenter Summer School Fellowships.
Photo: Shutterstock / Edited by: Martina Advaney
More opportunities here:
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.