– working closely with the group and discussing and trying to meet their needs
– designing programmes and workshops
– teaching various techniques within the field
– helping to organise one-time events and longer-running projects, too
– researching and hiring professionals to participate in the project
The profession usually embraces more than just art. A good part of the job is also administration
Although the position of Community arts worker is open to all graduates, there are particular areas of study – including art, design, music, theatre, or teaching – that increase the chance of getting a job.
Starting salaries for administrative work can start at USD 20.000. Senior executives start at USD 38.000, which also requires strong experience and strategy skills.