– Excellent technical skills
– Communication skills
– Up-to-date competence with current trends and technology
– An ability to read a movie script critically to understand the required look, also an awareness of the camera‘s effect on the final work
– Time management skills
– An ability to work under the pressure
– If working in the movie or fashion industries, a willingness to travel and relocate frequently
– Also being dependably consistent with your own portfolio, and understanding the fashion period of the assignment
As mentioned above, formal qualifications are not essencial, but practical skills are. There are many available courses too.
There is, however, no harm in checking out the degrees or certifications offered by universities or the availabilty of NVQ (National Vocational Qualification), such as hairdressing, beauty therapy, media make-up, and special effects.
…and sometimes creates completely different person 🙂 / www.wikiwand.com
Make-up hair assistants and designers usually charge 25 -30 USD per hour within the middle range of the movie industry.
Also you can quote different rates for different jobs. Experience will make a difference.
Depends where do you want to reach / www.pinterest.com