UTSIP Kashiwa, initiated by the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences in 2013, provides a hands-on research internship programme in the departments of Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Information Technology, International Studies, Materials Sciences, Advanced Energy, Ocean Science, Physics and Sustainability Science Studies.
The programme will take place form Sunday 6th June 2021 to Friday 16th July 2021.
The first week will include orientation, lectures, and Japanese language classes. The remaining weeks will be devoted to developing research proposals and delivering presentations on the findings.
The participation fee of JPY 50,000 ($482) may be waived. UTokyo provides a UTSIP scholarship that amounts to JPY 110,000 ($1,060) and accommodation to participants.
The deadline is on Monday 1st February 2021.
- Participants must be in their undergraduate programme at an overseas college or university throughout the entire duration of UTSIP programme.
- Cover letter (500-800 words) for the programme. Prepare separate cover letter for each laboratory that you are applying for. You are allowed to apply up to 3 laboratories.
- Curriculum vitae. Free format (paper size A4, 2-3 pages).
- Copy of your transcript. The transcript should cover all the courses of your undergraduate level study up to the most recent completed academic period of study and must be written in English or Japanese.
- Recommendation letter.
- Certificate of English proficiency.
Photo: Shutterstock / Edited by: Martina Advaney
Do you want more great opportunities? How about this one?
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quick as we can.