The aim of this fellowship program is to enhance capacity-building and human resources development in the area of sustainable and renewable energy sources in developing countries and countries in transition. Training sessions under the aegis of these fellowships will be held in specialized institutions in the Russian Federation. The working language is English.
- Candidates must hold at least a BSc degree or BA in Economics;
- be proficient in the English language;
- be under the age of 35.
The candidates may choose to study in the following fields:
- Energy and sustainable development;
- Ecological management of energy resources;
- Renewable energy;
- Sustainable and renewable energy power generation.
UNESCO will cover the cost of round-trip international travel. Beneficiaries will be exempt from paying tuition fees for the entire duration of study and training. The donor Government will pay stipends to beneficiaries on a monthly basis, in local currency. A stipend amounting $470 is intended to cover living expenses such as accommodation, meals, pocket money, and incidentals.