The United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) Secretariat recognises the important roles youth play in combating land degradation and promoting sustainable land management (SLM). Empowering young people to protect and restore degraded ecosystems will lead to green innovations that will contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular, reaching SDG15.3 land degradation neutrality.
- be between 18 to 35 years of age;
- be volunteers/members for a civil society organisation or network, academic institution, trade or technical institution or UN youth-related education program;
- be authorised officially by their organisation or network to speak on behalf of the organisation or institution (providing a signed letter from the head of organisation or a supervisor);
- agree to produce a daily article/blog for the forum when selected;
- be able to communicate in English.
Selected speakers and representatives will receive full funding for international travel, accommodation and daily allowance during the forum.