The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) was established in 2005, as the political initiative of Mr. Kofi Annan, former UN Secretary-General and co-sponsored by the Governments of Spain and Turkey.
The Alliance maintains a global network of partners including states, international and regional organisations, civil society groups, foundations, and the private sector to improve cross-cultural relations between diverse nations and communities.
YSF supports youth-led organisations that foster peaceful and inclusive societies and awards grants up to US$25,000 to selected projects that demonstrate innovative approaches to intercultural or interfaith dialogue.
The proposed budget will have 90% of costs associated with direct project activities and only up to 10% of it will cover Project Coordinator’s salary/fees.
Office rent cost, utilities and purchase of technical equipment cannot be part of the budget.
The deadline is on Sunday 31st January 2021.
- The application form, completed and certified by the applicant organisation
- A copy of the registration certificate of the applicant organisation
- A copy of the statutes/by-laws of the applicant organisation
- The resume/CV of the project coordinator (2 pages maximum)
- A picture or scan of the project coordinator’s passport identification page
Applicant organisations need to be membership-based youth-led organisations. Non-governmental organisations (with the exception of national youth councils) should be officially registered and operational for a minimum of 2 years at the time of the application
Find out more here.
Photo: Shutterstock / Edited by: Martina Advaney
Another top opportunity right here: