The competition aims at searching and constructing human space with a Spirit of Place in the increasingly fragmented cities and unordered villages, exploring environment-friendly and sustainable ideas in the information age. The deadline is on 30 August 2019.
The winning team will receive an award worth 100,000 RMB (approx.15, 000 USD), three second place teams will receive awards worth 30,000 RMB (approx.4, 500 USD) and 10,000 RMB (approx. 1, 500 USD) will be granted to runners-up.
Each year, the UIA-HYP Cup is chaired by an internationally renowned architectural master, and the jury panel is selected from among the world’s most outstanding architects and deans from schools of architecture.
The competition requires the participants to make detailed insights and reflections on architectural development, at the same time seek suitable techniques to guarantee the possibility of implementation of the project.
The competition is conceived as an exercise to help students understand:
- How to plan a building and its environment as a comprehensive system.
- How to improve a place through an architectural intervention.
- How to integrate inside and outside; the building and the landscape.
- Understand the importance of analysis of the site and context.
- How to create a happy building in a less happy environment.
Participants can choose sites in a degraded urban/ landscape area, preferably at the periphery of z city anywhere in the world. The site shall include construction area and surrounding area of the building.
It is compulsory that the context is existing, and participants shall define how their intervention can improve the quality, the value, the social life, the wellness and transform it into an attractive one.The proposal shall have the intention to improve the environment and bring benefits to the people living there.
The proposal will be evaluated based on the following criteria
- Integration of the building with the landscape/context.
- Sustainability of the proposal.
- The social benefits of the proposal and how it can improve people’s life.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.