This online academy is unique because they offer topics on almost every subject imaginable. While they have some courses for children and teenagers, most of them are meant for adults. Udemy stands out because of their course prices. While the courses are normally around $100 each, Udemy has regular sales that make them up to 80% cheaper. This means that most courses are available for just $16. If you sign up for their newsletter, you will be alerted any time there is a sale.
What Type of Courses Does Udemy Offer?
If you want to learn it, Udemy probably teaches it. They have Introductory Biology which includes 9.5 hours of on-demand video. But they also have a two-hour course on how to make your own kombucha. There really is something of interest for everyone. There are fun topics such as Backyard Astronomy, The Geography of Globalization and Classical Feng Shui for Beginners. However, there are also classes that can build, guide and kick-start your dream career.
Five Resume-Building Courses
Every job and career requires a particular set of skills. However, there are some useful skills that you can learn to help you stand out. Not only will these look great on a CV, but they can be useful in everyday life. Some may even open the door to a brand new career path. All courses offer full lifetime access if you ever need to review or freshen up on something again in the future.
Rock That Speech! Eliminate Stage Fright, Impress the Public
Public speaking is perhaps the most important life skill. It doesn’t matter how much you know or what you can do, if you are unable to present it to others in a way that will get their attention, then you will struggle. This course is originally $94.99 and has 1.5 hours of educational videos. This short, but sweet, course has amazing reviews and promises to teach you how to:
- Deliver an extraordinary speech from start to finish.
- Organise a speech to have the maximum impact.
- Use Body Language and Vocal Variety to their advantage.
- Stand out from the crowd.
The course will also help you:
- Recognise your current level as a speaker; your strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify what skills truly powerful speakers have.
- Understand how to organise and format a speech.
- Learn the importance of Body Language and Vocal Variety.
- Get specific, practical tips that help you assimilate all the above and create compact, memorable speeches.
It honestly doesn’t matter what your occupation is. Teachers, phone operators, CEOs, waitresses, literally everyone can benefit from becoming a better public speaker. Don’t forget that you can get this course for as little as $16 if you wait for one of Udemy’s tempting sales.
Writing With Confidence: Writing Beginner To Writing Pro
It is equally important to be able to write out your thoughts as it is to speak them. In today’s society, everything is online and so much of that communication is done in writing. Even if you are just writing emails, it is vital to use good grammar and punctuation in order to be taken seriously. Beyond the technical part of writing, it is also great to be memorable and powerful in your emails, articles, etc.
This Udemy course costs $94.99 without a discount and offers 5.5 hours of on-demand video. It also includes 32 articles and 14 downloadable resources. It is rated 4.5 stars by over 5,000 users and promises to:
- Find your voice as a business writer, blogger or writer of other non-fiction.
- Transform writing from dull to dazzling – within the first 10 minutes of the course.
- Uncover the secret persuasion tactics known only to the world’s top copywriters.
- Create musical sentences that readers can’t resist.
- Craft addictively readable text that keeps readers glued to the page.
- Discover a wealth of free online tools to take your writing to the next level.
Writing With Confidence was actually curated for the Udemy for Business collection. These classes aim to empower remote workers to learn what they need, when they need it.
Ultimate Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access Course
Everyone boasts knowing how to use Excel, Word and PowerPoint on their resume. That’s because we all know the basics. In 2020, employers expect you to know how to do more than create a table in Word or a column in Excel that will automatically add up cells. This $129.99 course is not for the faint hearted as it contains 60 hours of videos. But since it is an 8-course bundle, you really shouldn’t be too intimidated. A great perk of Udemy courses is that you do not have to watch the videos in order. You can skip right down to PowerPoint or whatever lecture is most useful to you at the time.
It would take too long to list all the perks of this course, but some of the highlights are:
- Discover how to create stunning charts and graphs in Excel.
- Discover new features in PowerPoint 2019 including Icons and 3D Models.
- How to create a mail merge in Microsoft Word.
- Sorting information and running queries in Access
If you complete this course, you can confidently tell your employer that you truly know how to use Microsoft Office. The certificate can be a great addition to your LinkedIn profile and resume.
Cryptocurrency Fundamentals: Buy, Sell, Trade Cryptocurrency
Cryptocurrency is a scary concept to many people who don’t quite understand it. But it is about to become bigger than ever before. Get ahead of the curve and learn the fundamentals. You don’t have to have money saved up to buy it to learn about it’s potential or understand it’s role in our futures. This $94.99 course has glowing ratings and promises to help you:
- Have a strong understanding of what cryptocurrency is.
- Understand how different types of cryptocurrency work.
- Have a solid, working knowledge in order to discuss and use cryptocurrency safely and effectively in everyday situations.
We all have that one friend who told us to buy BitCoin 15 years ago. If we had listened and invested those $60 or so, we would now be sitting on $13,000. Does this mean that it is too late to profit off of cryptocurrency? Not at all. Take this course and make sure you have no more regrets in the future.
C Programming For Beginners – Master the C Language
This $119.99 course may not be an immediate go-to for everyone. However, in a world that is more online every day, it is not a bad idea to get even more tech-savvy. C Programming For Beginners is a great course with 24 hours of video that can significantly increase your career options. Even if you are not pursuing a career where this may be needed, it definitely makes you stand out as an employee.
The course promises to help you:
- Understand the fundamentals of the C Programming Language.
- Make yourself more marketable for entry level programming positions.
- Create your first C Application.
- Learn one of the most popular, widely used languages in the world
While 24 hours seems a bit intimidating to take on, remember that all Udemy courses come in bite-sized videos. You can do this at your own pace even if it takes you years to complete. As this course is rated 4.4 by more than 15,000 students, you can be confident that it won’t be a waste of your time.
There are many online classrooms that offer courses for free. Even Udemy has a great selection of completely free courses – no need to wait for a sale. Even though all courses on Udemy have a 30-day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied, they also have 8,211 completely free courses. You can see them all by simply searching free. Based on the ratings on these free courses, they are just as effective and useful as some of the more expensive ones.
Udemy is a great way for busy adults to keep learning and growing. It is for anyone who wants to pick up a new hobby or learn more about an ongoing interest. Of course, there are also life-changing courses that can improve your career opportunities and flip your world upside down. Udemy is an amazing resource that makes education affordable, accessible and fulfilling. Plus, they always have sales, offer money-back guarantees and make it possible to learn on the go using their mobile app.
Want to find some more incredible free courses? Head here for more: