The Institute pursues multi-track diplomacy and acts as a flexible, external tool in support of EU mediation efforts where the EU has limited freedom to act. It also serves as an operational hub, and connects existing expertise and shares knowledge and lessons on European mediation. The institute is looking for two motivated trainees to complete programme team starting as soon as possible.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Information gathering and in-depth analysis on EU’s and Member states’ positions on various foreign affairs issues including peace agenda, mediation, humanitarian assistance (globally and specific country assistance) and other relevant high level meetings;
- Assisting in compiling briefing materials for team and senior leadership;
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in political science, international relations, or related field;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills; a good understanding on the processes of the EU institutions;
- Perfect command of English and French, other languages are a plus;
- EU citizenship.