- a prepared straw wreath
- coniferous twigs
- 4 candles
- 4 candle holders
- 2 m of ribbon
- other desired decoration (in the past, we have used little golden leaves)
- working tools (thin green wire, scissors, garden pliers, and thicker wire for attaching the ribbons and other decorations to the wreath)
- The first step is to choose the right size twigs (they shouldn’t be very thick), to be wrapped around the straw wreath with the help of the green wire. Use a few twigs at a time, arranging and attaching them with wire before you add a new set.
- Cut any unnecessary protruding twigs to create a nicely rounded wreath.
- Add the candle holders to the wreath.
- And the candles.
- Cut the ribbon into four identical pieces, make a small bow out of each, and put the slightly thicker wire (picture underneath) through each a small piece (about 7 cm long). This will help to attach the bow firmly to the wreath.
- Similarly attach any remaining decoration.
Tip: For fixing nuts or cones, you can also use a hot glue gun.