The World Bank Internship Program offers highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank Group in international development. An internship at the World Bank is an opportunity to learn while gaining practical experience. The deadline is on 31 January 2020.
Apply for The World Bank Internship Program
The World Bank Internship Program typically seeks candidates for: Operations in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, engineering, urban planning, natural resources management, private sector development, and other related fields; or Corporate support (Accounting, Communications, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Treasury, and other corporate services).
The Bank pays an hourly salary to all Interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance toward travel expenses. Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations. Most positions are in Washington, DC; few others are in World Bank Country offices.
This is business driven and varies. Usually, internship opportunities are for a minimum of four weeks.
The World Bank Group Internship is offered twice a year:
- Summer Internship (May–September): The application period is December 1–January 31 each year.
- Winter Internship (November–March): The application period is October 1-31 each year.
The Bank pays an hourly salary to all interns and (where applicable) provides an allowance towards travel expenses up to USD 3,000 at the discretion of the manager. These travel expenses can only include transport expenses (airfare) to or from the duty station city.
- To be eligible for an Internship, candidates must have an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school full-time);
- There is no age limit;
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of languages such as: French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese is desirable;
- Other skills such as computing skills are advantageous.
Along with the online form, candidates must submit their CV, statement of interest, and proof of enrollment in a graduate degree.
Read more here.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.