The Waislitz Global Citizen Awards are annual cash prizes totalling $250,000 that recognise the excellence of individuals in their work to end extreme poverty. The grand prize is $100,000 with three additional prizes at $50,000 each. The deadline is on Sunday 13th June 2021.
The Waislitz Foundation exists to create a positive social impact locally and globally through innovative projects that empower individuals to meet their full potential and make a measurable difference to the world.
The awards are presented by the Waislitz Foundation and Global Citizen, and in 2021 are supported by the leading US and Australian based cellular medicines company, Mesoblast Ltd.
All applicants will be evaluated based on individual merit, including the following five key areas:
- Global citizenship: how does the applicant embody and exemplify the values and practices of a global citizen?
- Proof of concept: does the applicant have a strong proof of concept with at least 1-2 years of impact towards ending extreme poverty?
- Disruption: has the applicant created measurable impact in an innovative manner that disrupts the systems that allow for extreme poverty to exist?
- Scalability: how would this award enable/support the applicant to scale or improve their work?
- Adaptability: can the applicant demonstrate examples of their ability to adapt and evolve to changing conditions?
The deadline is on Sunday 13th June 2021.
Entrants aged eighteen years of age or older from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply for the awards.
The awards are for individuals or individual representatives of organisations. The prize will be awarded to an individual, but the money will be allocated to the organisation that the individual works for.
Find out more now.
Another great opportunity right here:
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.