The scholarship is provided by the Rhodes Trust, an organization based at the University of Oxford. The trust brings together and develops exceptional people from all over the world, and in all fields of study. One of the founding aims of the Scholarship is to select outstanding young people, with the potential to lead, who will make an impact for good in the world in later life.
Selection Committees select scholars on the basis not only of intellect, but also of character, leadership and commitment to service. The Scholar Programme in Oxford aims to build on these Rhodes Scholar qualities, with the first and second-year retreats, workshops and conferences, in addition to social and discussion events, hosted at Rhodes House. The scholarship is for two years in the first instance. It covers all University and College fees; the University application fee; a living stipend (£16,218 per annum 2020-21); one economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
Application deadlines vary depending on the country and are mainly in late September 2020.
- The scholarship is open to candidates from around the world
- Depending on citizenship, applicants will need to meet specific requirements for the countries
- Opening and closing dates also vary depending on the constituency
- Applicants should have completed Bachelor degree
- Candidates will need to choose their study program at Oxford and provide a personal statement as well as reference letters from previous academic advisors
Find out more about Rhodes Scholarship.
Photo: Shutterstock / Edited by: Martina Advaney
More opportunities here:
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quick as we can.