Submissions may be either empirically or conceptually based. Multi-disciplinary approaches to research are welcomed. The paper should focus on some aspect of leadership or leadership development.
- Papers must be authored and submitted by graduate or undergraduate students only. All authors must currently be students or must have graduated within one-year prior to the submission deadline.
Submissions will be judged by the following criteria:
- The degree to which the paper addresses issues and trends that are significant to the study of leadership;
- The extent to which the paper shows consideration of the relevant theoretical and empirical literature;
- The extent to which the paper makes a conceptual or empirical contribution;
- The implications of the research for application to leadership identification and development.
Papers will be reviewed anonymously by a panel of researchers associated with CCL. In the absence of papers deemed deserving of the award, the award may be withheld. The winning paper will be presented at the 2017 ILA Conference Oct. 12 – 15 in Brussels, Belgium.
The winner of this year’s award will receive:
- $1,000 cash prize
- Travel and Lodging (up to three nights), and Complimentary Registration to ILA’s 20th Annual Conference, 24 – 27 October 2018 in West Palm Beach, Florida, USA
- Complimentary 1-year membership in the ILA
- Recognition at the ILA conference and in various multi-media ILA publications