The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award honors an individual aged 18-30 who has contributed meaningfully towards the goal of ending global poverty. The award includes a $250,000 prize paid to the organization to which the individual contributes.The deadline is on 6 October 2019.
The Global Citizen Prize Award
The Global Citizen Prize Award was established by Cisco and Global Citizen to recognize and lift up a young person positively impacting the world, as a way to demonstrate the impact that young people are having on achieving the Global Goals and to accelerate global problem-solving.
What make the successful candidate?
- Demonstrated track-record of measurable impact at scale over last 3-5 years advancing one or more of the Global Goals.
- Compelling vision and concrete plans for how to extend this work in the next 3-5 years, including how the prize will advance efforts.
- Inspires other young people to have an impact on achieving one or more of the Global Goals.
- Demonstrates the values and embodies the spirit of a Global Citizen and a Global Problem Solver.
- Innovates with technology or Internet-based communications to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact.
You must be 18-30 years old as of award ceremony in December 2019, and be able to travel to award ceremony to accept prize.
For a period of three years, you must be willing to do media interviews and appearances, and grant rights to GC and Cisco to use name, likeness and related content in GC or Cisco marketing campaigns and on GC or Cisco owned-platforms, such as cisco.com, globalcitizen.org and social platforms.
You must not be a citizen of a country or entity subject to financial or other sanctions by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) or other government entity of the United States of America that may restrict the transfer of the Prize.
Read more here.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.