The Fortis Society nurtures a global network of talented young leaders united by their humble backgrounds and who have a strong incentive to help one another succeed. The Fellowship provides students with many invaluable opportunities. So far, our FGL Fellows are excelling in the areas of engineering, entrepreneurship, politics, film, finance, international affairs, computer science, and many others.
The goal of the Fortis Society is to connect future leaders – united by their merit, not privilege – by creating a formidable global network through which they will help each other reach the highest levels of success, power, and global influence in order to positively impact the world.
Only extremely ambitious, first-year university students from humble backgrounds who have demonstrated high resilience and have achieved academic excellence should apply to the FGL Fellowship. These students must be determined to become powerful global leaders and understand that the magnitude of their impact on the world is directly linked to the amount of power and influence they accumulate.
Applicants must be first-year university students and must fit the following eligibility criteria:
- First-Generation or Low-Income University Student – students who do not have a family history of higher education, or who come from a low-income background;
- Track Record of Academic Excellence – throughout high school and during the first months of the current school year;
- Proven Leadership Abilities – through self-started initiatives and ventures, or leadership in their schools or communities.
In addition to eligibility criteria, the following qualities are considered:
- Contagious Charisma and Unyielding Strength of Character – two common and essential traits in all leaders;
- Resilience and Guts – demonstrated through having overcome hardship;
- Inexhaustible Global Ambition – along with a realistic strategy, the ability to execute, and the willingness to sacrifice and take risks to achieve extraordinary success;
- Altruism – demonstrated through the willingness to enact major positive change, upon having reached the highest level of power and influence.