The Youth Task Force will offer guidance and support to UN Women’s efforts to ensure the meaningful engagement of youth in Beijing+25 review processes focusing on the 64th session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women, the Global Forum for Gender Equality and the 75th session of the General Assembly.
The Youth Task Force will consist of 30 young people from broad youth-led global networks and organisations and civic movements. Members of the task force are expected to the extent possible participate in bi-weekly online coordination meetings that will take place on Fridays 9 am EST. Meetings will be held in English.
The following committees will work in collaboration:
- The Policy and Drafting Committee
- Outreach and Communication Committee
- Capacity building Committee
- The Logistics Committee
The work of the task force is expected to commence on 1 August 2019. The Nomination will seek broad representation from young advocates who focus their work on the 12 critical areas of concern of Declaration and Platform for Action: poverty, education and training, health, violence, armed conflict, economy, power and decision-making, institutional mechanisms, human rights, media, environment, and the girl child.
- UN Women will nominate up to 30 members for the Beijing+25 Youth Task Force from a pool of applications received through an open call;
- Applicants need to demonstrate proven experience in youth mobilization. Priority will be given to applicants that represent broad networks, youth organisations, and civic movements.