Terra Foundation Research Travel Grants provide support for research on topics concerning American art and visual culture prior to 1980. These grants enable scholars outside the United States to consult resources and visit collections within the United States. The deadline is on January 15, 2019.
Grant funding is available for short-term travel that gives scholars
- An opportunity to discover new source material;
- Experience works of art first-hand in museums and private collections;
- Make contact with artists, art dealers, archivists, curators, university scholars, etc.;
- Consult local archives and library collections;
- Establish professional networks for future research.
Up to 20 grants worth $6,000 to $9,000 are awarded annually. Funds can be used for related transportation, lodging, meals, and research fees and expenses of the Grantee only (not of family, travel companions, etc).
- The foundation accepts proposals from doctoral students, postdoctoral scholars, and senior scholars outside the United States.
- Travel should be undertaken within one calendar year (June through May) after the announcement of the selection results in April.
- Final report must be submitted within three months of completion of travel. It should include a description of the travel undertaken as a result of the grant, an assessment of the research accomplished, and a financial report detailing grant expenditures.
The proposal should include the following components:
- Applicant information
- Two letters of recommendation
- Project proposal that demonstrates the need for travel to the United States
- Curriculum vitae
- Detailed description of the proposed itinerary with destinations and travel dates
- Itemized travel budget
- A copy or scan of a government issued picture ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Completed proposal forms and all attachments should be written in English.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quick as we can.