The National Gallery of Art is inviting international students to join their annual nine-week internship program in Washington DC. Interns will work 40 hours per week and receive a stipend of $4,500. Applications will open in fall 2020.
Internship at the National Gallery of Art: The National Gallery of Art, founded as a gift to the nation, serves as a center of visual art, education, and culture. Since 1964 the National Gallery of Art has offered professional museum training to candidates from all backgrounds through a variety of internship programs.
Nine-week summer internships provide opportunities to work on projects directed by a Gallery curator or department head.
Biweekly museum seminars introduce interns to the broad spectrum of museum work, and to Gallery staff, departments, programs, and functions. Interns will engage with museum visitors by developing and leading public tours in the galleries.
At the beginning of the summer, interns will participate in an intensive training about gallery teaching. Interns must be available for the entire nine weeks, 40 hours per week. Interns receive a stipend of approximately $4,500 that is subject to all applicable taxes.
Application will open in fall 2020. The deadline is in January 2021.
The online application will require you to provide the following:
- A letter to the selection committee stating your reasons for participating in the museum training program at the National Gallery of Art
- A writing sample (no more than 20 pages, including footnotes or endnotes, bibliography, and images)
- An academic paper works best for a research position. Business and law students may decide to submit a case, advice memo, or brief
- Applicants to conservation and design internships are asked to submit a portfolio of completed projects
- A résumé or full curriculum vitae of education, professional experience, honors, awards, and publications
- One copy of unofficial transcripts from each undergraduate and graduate institution attended
- Contact information for two references
Find out more about Internships at the National Gallery of Art.
Photo: Shutterstock / Edited by: Martina Advaney
More internships opportunities here:
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.