The main goals are to:
- Increase plant-rich diets;
- Reduce end-user food waste;
- Increase adoption of clean cookstoves;
- Increase demand for products such as locally-grown staple trees, crops, kelp or certified sustainable wood;
- Reduce consumption of energy, water or products such as paper or cotton;
- And otherwise reduce greenhouse gas emitting behaviors amongst individuals, households and communities.
Finalists will be invited to attend a capacity-building workshop and awards ceremony with leading experts in conservation, development, and behavioral science. Two prizes of $25,000 will be awarded to the Judges’ Choice and People’s Choice projects.
- The contest is open to all organisations who have a proven solution in working with people to adopt climate-friendly behaviors;
- All entries will be judged based on the following criteria: context analysis, solution, actions, results, sustainability, return on investment, replicability.