Applications are open for Skoltech MSc. Programs 2020. They are offering domestic and international students the opportunity to study free of charge and receive stipends to cover living expenses. The deadline is on 16 July 2020.
The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) is a private research and academic institute located in the Moscow Region by Skolkovo village. Founded in 2011 with MIT’s collaboration, Skoltech will be responsible for preparing a new generation of researchers and entrepreneurs, expanding the range of scientific knowledge, and stimulating technological innovation with the goal of solving important technological research problems that Russia and the rest of the world may face in the future.
Candidates are invited to apply to one of the following programs: Space and Engineering Systems, Theoretical Physics, Photonics and Quantum Materials, Life Sciences, Data Science, Information Science and Technology, Materials Science, Petroleum Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing Technologies, Mathematical Physics, Energy Systems. Significant stipends are available, which depend on students’ academic standing, starting at 40,000 RUR per month at MSc programs. Candidates will receive free medical insurance. The applicants who have successfully passed the admission process and are enrolled at Skoltech do not pay for their studies. The cost is fully covered by the university; for students, education is free of charge.
The deadline is on 16 July 2020.
- An appropriate bachelor’s or specialist degree or its equivalent, from an accredited university
- All applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English, the language of instruction at Skoltech
- A minimum score of 80 on the TOEFL iBT, 450 on the TOEFL ITP or 6 on the IELTS is required
- No exceptions are made for this policy and only TOEFL and IELTS scores are accepted
- Submission of a General GRE score is not required for the Skoltech application. However, a high score may enhance your application
- Applications are open to domestic and international students
Photo: Shutterstock / Edited by: Martina Advaney
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.