SDGs & Her is an online competition for women-led micro and small enterprises to showcase how they are supporting the SDGs through their business operations. The deadline for the competition is on 10 January 2020.
Enroll for SDGs & Her Competition
SDGs & Her Competition:
Winners will receive leadership training, mentoring and will be flown to Washington DC, for an event at the World Bank Group-IMF Spring Meetings in April 2020, where they will showcase their achievements.
The objectives of the initiative are to:
recognize women implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including women business owners of microenterprises;
increase knowledge about the SDGs and their potential impacts on women among non-traditional audiences; and
collaborate with private sector partners on all SDGs, but SDG5 in particular; to share best practices and innovative ideas.
The first-ever SDGs&Her competition in 2018 attracted over 1,200 contenders through an online competition platform from 88 countries.
The 2019 contest attracted over 1,200 entries from all regions of the world: Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean, South Asia, the Middle East and North Arica, Europe, and Central Asia, and East Asia and the Pacific.
To be eligible, you must:
- be a woman owner of a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years
- own a micro-enterprise, with at least 1 and no more than 9 employees
- have a loan eligibility of under USD $10,000 or annual sales of under USD $100,000 OR
- own a small-enterprise, with at least 10 and no more than 49 employees
- have a loan eligibility of under USD $100,000 or annual sales of under USD $3,000,000
Read more here.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.