Students are invited for a Schuman traineeship – a paid five-month opportunity to work at one of the European Parliament’s official places of work – Brussels, Luxembourg and Strasbourg – or in its Liaison Offices in the Member States. The deadline is on 30 November 2020.
European Parliament is the legislative branch of the European Union and one of its seven institutions. European Parliament provides traineeships that are named after Robert Schuman, one of the main architects of the European integration project, responsible for over 70 years of peace and prosperity in Europe.
A Schuman traineeship will enhance your education and your vocational training. It will provide you with an insight into the work of the EU institutions and the European Parliament, a crucial forum for decision-making and political debate at EU level.
The Schuman traineeships may be undertaken in a wide variety of fields, such as EU internal and external policies, finance, law, multilingualism, administration, infrastructure and logistics, communication or IT. If you are shortlisted, you will be required to provide certain supporting documents to prove your eligibility. The Schuman traineeships are awarded for a period of five months:
· From 1 October-28/29 February – the application process is between 1-30 June annually.
· From 1 March-31 July – the application process is between 1-30 November annually.
The deadline for the next traineeship period is on 30 November 2020.
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over
- Be nationals of a Member State of the European Union or an accession/candidate country (a very limited number of traineeships to nationals of other countries can also be offered)
- Hold a university-level diploma
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the official EU languages and a very good knowledge of a second language not have worked, or have benefitted from any other type of traineeship, for more than two consecutive
Find out more here.
Photo: Shutterstock / Edited by: Martina Advaney
Other opportunities you can find here.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quick as we can.