ERMA is an intensive academic educational activity intended for students that wish to combine academic studies with practical and field research experience in human rights and democratization issues. The aim of the Programme is to promote the development and realization of young generations of officials for state management, inter-governmental and non-governmental organizations, for universities and think-tanks in Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, FYR of Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia, as well as in the countries belonging to the EU, the rest of Europe, and worldwide.
- Candidates who hold a university degree (min 240 ECTS) in disciplines relevant to human rights; law, politics, economics, sociology, journalism, psychology and humanities from an accredited university;
- Fluency in English is a necessary prerequisite; following international English Language proficiency certificates: TOEFL minimum score of 560 paper-based, computer based 220, IBT not less than 83; British Council’s IELTS – minimum band 6.5 and no less than 6.0 in any of its subsections; CAE and CPE Cambridge Exams; Applicants with English as native language or applicants who had previous university education in English language need to prove competency through their transcripts or certificates issued by the respective universities.
Overall 33 students will be selected, in the second half of September 2016, from the following target groups:
- Target group I (25 places reserved): Citizens of target countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, FYR of Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia;
- Target group II (5 places reserved): Citizens of the European Union countries, countries of the Caucasus (Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia) and Russian Federation;
- Target group III (3 places reserved): Citizens of other countries.
Students from TG I and TG II receive study grants covering normal living costs during term I and II (November to July) in the overall amount of 4.500 EURO. Their costs of lodging and full board are covered by the Programme. Students from TG I and TG II also receive reimbursements in the overall amount of 1.200 EURO for the three terms of the Programme. Students from the TG III are expected to cover their living expenses, the costs of term three in amount of 3.150 EURO and 200 EURO administrative costs for the thesis defense.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.