The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has launched a call for applications for the 5th round of scholarship awards for PhD students undertaking post-doctoral research. Applicants should be citizens of a developing country. The deadline is on 22 March 2019.
Research proposals are encouraged from, but are not limited to, the following fields of study:
- underlying science of climate change;
- climate and water; climate and oceans;
- socio-economic modelling related to climate change;
- regional climate change, vulnerability, impacts and adaptation;
- attaining the goals of the Paris Agreement; synergies between adaptation and mitigation;
- climate solutions in the context of the sustainable development goals (SDGs).
Each scholarship award is for a maximum amount of 15,000 Euros per year for up to two years during the period 2019-2021.
Applicants will need to complete and upload an application form, their research proposal, scanned copies of national identity card and passport, a provisional budget and proof of completion of at least one year of PhD studies or proof of initial work as a post-doctoral researcher and supervisor’s support letter.