As a Reuters Institute Journalist Fellow you’ll spend one, two or three terms at the University of Oxford, where you’ll:
- Attend seminars given by a diverse and high-level range of guest speakers who will share their insights into key industry trends and developments.
- Work with an experienced supervisor, usually an Oxford academic, to produce an academic research paper of publishable quality.
- Visit world-class news organisations and gain insights into how they are approaching industry challenges. Previous visits have included trips to Thomson Reuters, The Financial Times, The BBC, The Economist and The Guardian.
- Join trips to key UK cultural and political organisations and institutions. Previous destinations have included Oxfam, the House of Commons and Stratford-upon-Avon, home of Shakespeare.
- Exchange ideas and experiences with adiverse and international lpeer group. Around 25 Fellows a year join us from high-level media organisations all over the world. Strengthen your network, develop a global set of contacts and gain insights into international trends and developments.
- Applicants can be individuals around the world: journalists, editors, broadcasters, columnists and freelancers.
- Applicants must have a minimum of five years experience working as a journalist in any specialism.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a level of English that allows to participate fully in the programme and write a research paper of publishable quality.
The fellowship is fully funded. Awards may include travel expenses (including air travel economy class) and a modest living allowance.