Journalists from Central and Eastern Europe are invited to apply for an online reporting workshop as part of the Thomson Reuters Foundation Reporting Programme on the European Forum Alpbach 2020. Workshops will run on 28 August – 1 September 2020. The deadline is on 26 July 2020.
Thomson Reuters Foundation Reporting Programme
Thomson Reuters Foundation, in partnership with the European Forum Alpbach and with the support of the National Endowment for Democracy, will run an online reporting workshop for journalists. A veteran of the resistance during World War Two and a philosopher launched the Forum in 1945 as an intellectual platform to discuss ways of developing Europe’s cultural, scientific and humanitarian heritage and promoting European integration. Today, it operates as an interdisciplinary platform for science, politics, business and culture.
The focus of this online workshop will be on democracy, politics, and law. Before and after your training, you will have access to the entire online conference, and the chance to experience a mix of innovators, policy makers and drivers of change with differing perspectives who will help you dig deeper. You will gain insights into diverse issues that are tackled during the Forum, such as the fundamentals of democracy, European unity, solidarity and dialogue. Organisers will cover participation for 15 journalists for the whole duration of the European Forum Alpbach online conference.
The deadline is on 26 July 2020.
- Candidates should be professional journalists from Central and Eastern Europe
- Strong interest as well as professional focus on the topics democracy, politics and law is required
- Applicants should be active in working in any of those media: print, radio, TV, or online
- Minimum one year’s experience in the profession and either a full-time or part-time employment in media is necessary
- Please provide your CV, a short motivational statement and two samples of work on topics of democracy, politics, and law
Find out more about Thomson Reuters Foundation Reporting Programme on the European Forum Alpbach 2020.
Photo: Shutterstock / Edited by: Martina Advaney
Check out more opportunities at Youth Time Magazine:
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.