BASF is a German chemical company and the largest chemical producer in the world. BASF Digital Farming GmbH stands for a modern agricultural sector. They are making agriculture smarter and simpler with digital solutions that allow for fields to be constantly analyzed at the field-zone level so that farmers learn more about their crops every day and crop production can be taken to the next level.
During the 6 month-internship in the Digital Farming Technology unit, interns will be working on diverse types of data from sources like agricultural fields, soil sampling, weather monitoring and smartphone apps. You will shape a new era of satellite tools lifting scalable digital agriculture to the next level. Furthermore, you will handle as well as manage satellite data from a wide array of sensors. Additional responsibilities will include building prototypes to identify new product ideas and improving internal workflows. Interns will benefit from the competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities.
Application process is ongoing.
- Candidates should be enrolled in degree in remote sensing, geoinformatics or another related field with an outstanding academic track record
- Experience in vegetation sensing concepts or image time series is required
- Good programming skills in scientific programming languages like Python or R and familiarity with SQL, QGIS, ArcGIS or SAGA-GIS
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Good communication skills and your customer orientation
Photo: Shutterstock / Edited by: Martina Advaney