The Prize is awarded to projects, which:
- promote European and international understanding,
- foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration,
- serve as a role model for young people living in Europe and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
The projects can focus on the organisation of various youth events, youth exchanges or online projects with a European dimension. Projects must fulfil the objectives of the competition: promote European and international understanding; foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community. Priority will be given to projects created jointly by young people representing several member states. Attention will be given to projects carried out on a voluntary basis.
The prize for the best project is €7.500, the second, €5000 and the third, €2500. One representative of each of the 28 national winning projects will be invited to the award ceremony on 28 May 2019 and a stay of several days in Aachen, Germany. The prizes for the best three projects will be presented by the President of the European Parliament and representatives of the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen. As part of the prize, the laureates will be invited to visit the European Parliament (in Brussels or in Strasbourg).
- Applicants must be between 16 and 30 years old and must be citizens or residents of one of the 28 member states of the European Union;
- Participants can apply, either individually or in groups; in the case of group and cross-border projects, the project can only be submitted in one country which is closely linked to the project;
- Applications in all official languages of the European Union are eligible.
The projects submitted for the competition must have started and:
- a) have finished between 1 January 2018 and 29 January 2019 or
- b) be still running.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quick as we can.