The Drucker Challenge is an international essay competition held annually by the Drucker Society Europe. This year the essay topic is “Leadership and Critical Thinking”. Winners will be able to win cash prizes and free participation in Global Peter Drucker Forum in Vienna.
Your essay should offer a point of view on whether the emerging generation of leaders is being sufficiently prepared to exercise the critical thinking required of them. What conditions of the twenty-first century are making this more difficult—or in what ways is critical thinking better supported than in the past?
The first prize winner will receive a cash prize of €1,500. First to tenth place winners will have free participation and waived registration fee of €2,000 for the 12th Global Peter Drucker Forum to be held in Vienna on October 29-30, 2020 at the Imperial Palace. The forum is an international management conference dedicated to the management philosophy of Peter Drucker. Peter Ferdinand Drucker was an Austrian-born American management consultant and educator whose work offers inspiring examples of the power of breaking rigid thinking patterns.
Your international travel and accommodation costs for attending the Forum will be reimbursed based on the travel process & policy. Additionally, prizes will include invitation to join the exclusive Drucker Challenge Alumni Community on social media network and one-year-all-access subscription to the Harvard Business Review.
The deadline is on 7 June 2020.
- Candidates should be 18-35 years of age
- You can submit one essay to participate as either a student or a professional
- The essay must be within 1500 to 3000 words (excluding footnotes and any graphics) written in English
- Participants should be part-time or full-time students (bachelor, master, MBA, or Ph.D.) or recent graduates
- Professional category participants should work as managers with focus on people, projects, budgets, and/or processes
Photo: Shutterstock / edited by: Martina Advaney
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.