This year marks the five hundredth year since the passing of the world’s most famous Renaissance Man: Leonardo da Vinci, the Italian polymath who simultaneously excelled as scientist, engineer, writer, artist, and musician. Submit an essay on multidisciplinary approach in management and win a cash prize of € 1,000. The deadline is on 24 June 2019.
Along with the prize, the winner will receive free participation at the 11th Global Peter Drucker Forum to be held in Vienna on November 21-22, 2019 at the Imperial Palace (Hofburg) (including conference bag and brochure, buffet lunches, and coffee breaks at the conference venue)
Your international travel and accommodation costs for attending the Forum will be reimbursed based on the travel process & policy. Besides networking opportunities with leading experts in the field, the winner will receive a one-year-all-access subscription to the Harvard Business Review.
The renowned twentieth-century thinker Peter Drucker offers a modern exemplar of a Renaissance Man in the field of management—itself a multidisciplinary subject. Today, highly educated people tend more toward specialization, but in settings that still encourage cross-disciplinary thinking, people are more likely to:
- Challenge outdated assumptions and conventions of thought and behavior,
- Explore and discover new realms of artistic, physical, and intellectual achievement, and
- Develop different and broader visions of themselves.
Writing Prompts may include:
- Do we still need polymaths? What will their value be in the twenty-first century?
- What will be the role of specialists?
- What knowing-doing capacities, personal traits, and social skills are required today to lead organizations successfully?
- What synthesis happens inside your brain as you work to realize your dreams, and your career path?
- Participants must be 18-35 years old. You can submit one essay to participate as either a student or a professional;
- For the student category, you must be a part-time or full-time student (bachelor, master, MBA, or PhD) or you are seeking your first opportunity after the completion of your last degree;
- For the professional category, you must be a manager of people, projects, budgets, and/or processes, an entrepreneur or business owner, licensed professional, social volunteer or community leader.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.