Google announces that the 2016 STEP internships is now open to students who will be completing the first year of their university studies by Summer of 2016/17 and are studying computer science or related subjects.
Trainee program includes:
Software Project: A 12-week development project that you will work on with a team of Googlers and other STEP Interns.
Skills-Based Training: Enhance your coding skills; get exposed to new tools and programming languages.
Professional Development: Attend ongoing technical talks by senior Googlers, additionally, learn how to enhance your resume, tackle technical interviews, and improve your presentation skills.
Mentorship: Be matched with a Google engineer, other than your manager, to guide you through your summer experience.
Fun: Social activities, community building and networking. Build a relationship with your peers.
Exposure: A unique glimpse into applying your computer science studies in a professional environment.
- Students must be a first or second year student currently enrolled in a 4 year Bachelor’s program, majoring or intending to major in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering;
- Studying towards a BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Preferred qualifications:
- Students should have programming experience in either Java, Python, C, or C++;
- Students in their second year should have two Computer Science courses;
- Students in their first year should have taken one Computer Science course.
Google team will review applications on a rolling basis and it’s in the candidates best interest to apply early. All hiring will be complete by August 2016.