The WTO Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is a unique opportunity for qualified young professionals to enhance their knowledge and skills on WTO and international trade issues. The Programme aims to widen the pool of professionals from developing and least-developing countries who can later be more competitive with respect to recruitment in the WTO and/or other regional and international organizations.
The selected Young Professional will be placed in a specific Division of the WTO Secretariat in Geneva, Switzerland, in accordance with the needs and priorities of the Organization for a year-long internship starting in early 2018. Candidates should express their preferences regarding areas of WTO work in their applications. The areas of work may include, inter alia, Agriculture, Dispute Settlement, Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs), Government Procurement, Market Access (tariffs and non-tariff barriers), Rules, Trade and Development, Trade Facilitation, Economic Research, Trade Policy Analysis, Trade in Services and Investment, Council and Trade Negotiations, Trade and Environment, and Technical Barriers to Trade.
- Applicants must be 32 years old or younger, as at 1 January 2018.
- Applications will be considered only if a letter of motivation accompanies the application;
- Applicants should hold Master’s degrees in law, economics, or other international trade-related subjects relevant to WTO work;
- Minimum two years of relevant experience, and an ability to think strategically and work independently are among the main criteria;
- Candidates must be fluent in English;
- Knowledge of French or Spanish would be an advantage.
This a paid internship, internees will receive a monthly salary starting from CHF 3,500 which is designed to cover accommodation expenditures Successful candidates will be contacted by the recruiters and may be asked to participate in a teleconference or a Skype-call for further testing, assessment, and interviews.