Oxford University Press is looking for a positive and motivated team player with a strong interest in digital publishing. An intern will work in a small, busy team within Journals Operations, and will be responsible for:
- Implementing new digital content developments, working with the Digital Content Manager to define and document standards for Journals content online.
- The management of several concurrent digitisation projects for the Journals Digital Archive, monitoring and reporting on schedule, costs and scope.
- Ensuring the quality of XML data in Journals back content, by defining standards, maintaining QA tools and procedures, and managing supplier production processes, documentation, and feedback.
- Managing data ingestion and deliveries to third parties from our content management systemThe role works across departments and will interact with third party digitisation suppliers, editorial and marketing stakeholders, online hosting providers and the wider operations department.
- Experience of managing successful digital projects including problem-solving, management of external suppliers, and stakeholder management;
- Experience of working with HTML, XML, tagged data, and DTDs;
- Able to work independently with excellent organizational abilities;
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to explain technical information to a non-technical audience;
- High degree of literacy and attention to detail.
The internship is paid. Competitive salary depending on skills and experience.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.