The Organization for Security and Co- operation in Europe (OSCE) is the world’s largest regional security organization. The OSCE also conducts a wide range of practical activities in many countries with a view to addressing security- related concerns, e.g. in the areas of mediation and dialogue facilitation, confidence- and security-building measures, human rights, national minorities, democratization, counter-terrorism, economic and environmental activities.
In order to contribute to the build-up of the next generation of peacebuilders, the OSCE Secretariat organizes the OSCE Summer School in Vienna from 25 to 29 July 2016 for twenty young people, coming from the South Caucasus and other OSCE regions, interested in international affairs.
The goal of the Summer School is to promote cross-regional exchanges and build the professional skills of young political experts. During the Summer School, they will jointly take part in a series of briefings, courses and interactive workshops. They will learn about the OSCE and receive professional training courses, such as mediation and negotiation trainings, diplomatic English/Russian language courses, a diplomatic communication course etc. Several cultural and social events will also be organized for them. Travel and living costs will be covered by the OSCE.
- University degree obtained in 2015 or 2016; alternatively, currently enrolled in a graduate programme (4th or 5th year of studies);
- Studies focusing on a subject relevant to the OSCE, such as international relations, political science, law
- Demonstrable interest in international affairs and/or peace-building;
- Oral and written fluency in English (at least C1 level, or equivalent);
- Advanced knowledge of Russian (at least B2 level, or equivalent);
- aged under 25.
Applicants should send a curriculum vitae and a cover letter in English by 1 July 2016 to Ms Corinne Lebelhomme
. The cover letter needs to answer inter alia the question: “what do you see as decisive for peace and stability in Europe?”
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.